I had started writing this post at the beginning of October, but things (read situations not in my hands) kept me preoccupied to work on my pictures.......hence the delay. For those of you who thought I disappeared from the face of the blog world.....I'm back....and hope to see you lovely people here, more often.....
October my favourite month of the year !!
Summer is on its way out and winter is just around the corner. The sun has mellowed down with a light breeze flowing, bringing the festivities along.....
It was the first weekend of Autumn and a long peaceful holiday in Delhi, so it was the right time for some Hemant Kumar playing in the background and 2 trays of Chocolate Chip Cookies in the oven.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Hilaire Walden's The Great big Cookie Book
115 g Unsalted Butter
115 g Light Muscovado Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
150g Self-raising Flour
75g Porridge Oats
230g Dark Plain Chocolate roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius.
2. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
3. Cream the butter with the sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
4. Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in lightly with a metal spoon, then add the oats and chopped chocolate and stir until evenly mixed.
5. Place small spoonfuls of the mixture in 18-20 rocky heaps on the prepared baking sheets, leaving space for spreading.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until beginning to turn pale golden.
7. Cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
The book said dark and while chocolates in equal quantities, but since I'm not a white chocolate fan, I decided to double the dark chocolate quantity instead, but if you like the idea of white chocolate in your cookies half the quantity if dark chocolate (115g) and add 115g of white chocolate.
what a delightful post, they look so yummy n tempting.....ReplyDelete
who ate the cookies?
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts