Baking a cake is always special and baking it for someone's birthday is only icing on the cake !! :-)
It was my uncle's birthday and I wanted to do a different cake though non icing. This cake is a hands down winner so full of flavour !!
I'm sure you'll wonder that most of my cakes are baked in the bundt mould. Well, when I'm baking a cake for someone's birthday the round is common and kinda boring. Bundt makes the cake look really interesting. There is no hard and fast rule for the mould. You can use any shape you like.
Arabian Date and Walnut Cake
1 ¾ cups Plain Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 cup chopped, stoned Dates
½ cup chopped Walnuts
¾ cup hot strong Coffee
½ tsp Baking Soda (soda bicarbonate)
½ tsp Salt (omit salt if using salted butter)
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Icing Sugar for dusting
1. Dust a ring mould or a bundt mould.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
3.Pour hot coffee over the dates and walnuts and allow it to cool.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
5. Cream the butter and sugar and then add one egg at a time. Beat well.
6.Mix the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar-egg mixture.
7. Lastly mix in the date and nut mixture and the vanilla essence.
8. Pour into the prepared mould and bake for 50-60 minutes at 180 degree C.
9. Let it cool down. Demould and dust with icing sugar.
Happy Baking !!
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by.....
Do leave your thoughts......They mean a lot to me....
and do come again soon :-)